Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Last Call

So it's getting late as I write, but I can still call this my Valentine's blog - mission for the day accomplished.


Valentine's Day is super-saturated with cards and boxes of chocolate (that often don't even taste good). And the next day we're left with torn envelopes, candy wrappers, and an upset tummy. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have someone get me a gift that could actually benefit me!!

Food is an integral part of holidays, but wouldn't it be great to show your love by spending quality time cooking a wonderful meal with someone. Maybe actually nourishing them and helping their heart beat for many more years?

My family has this tradition where we all come together for a big meal, because my mother says that she married for love and that love turned into her kids. This year we had delicious rock fish in a caper lemon sauce with mashed cauliflower and asparagus.

I promise you, a meal can be decadent, romantic and even healthy! Don't wait for next Valentine's day to try it. You can have a candle-lit dinner with the one you love any day. Love should be the reason.


Here's a funny quote to leave you with:

"There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves." ~Thomas Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment